10 Inspirational Oh The Places You’ll Go Quotes By Dr. Seuss
Dr. Seuss is a well-known author of children’s books with over 200 million copies sold to date. His most popular book, “Oh, The Places You’ll Go!” is a story about a young person who is about to embark on a life full of opportunities and you follow him as he learns lessons about society, family, friendships, love, and success.
The quote “Oh the places you’ll go!” is a popular line from his work, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!.
It’s often seen as a great motivational and inspirational quote to give to children or young adults who are about to embark on their journey in life. We live in a world where we can do anything we want. But sometimes it’s hard to know what it is we want to do with our lives or who we want to be as people. You might feel daunted by this at first, but don’t fear!
Here are 10 quotes from this inspiring book that will motivate you to keep on going!
Oh the Places You’ll Go starts with the quote, “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.” The opening line sets up an idea of the journey ahead. It encourages readers to be confident and go for it. It sends a message that even if you don’t know where you are going, you will get there just like everybody else did.
1.“So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.”
2. “You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.”
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!”
4. “Things may happen and often do to people as brainy and footsy as you.”
5. “You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’re on your own.
And you know what you know.
And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
This book is full of quotes that are just as inspiring as they are humorous. We all have ups and downs in life. But with these words of wisdom from Dr. Seuss, we can keep moving forward to reach our goals and achieve greatness.
6. “You’re off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So… get on your way!”
7. “Oh the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored.
There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all.”
8. “Onward up many a frightening creek, though your arms may get sore and your sneakers may leak. Oh! The places you’ll go!”
9. “Simple it’s not, I’m afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind.”
10 .“I’m sorry to say so
but, sadly, it’s true
can happen to you.”
The book, Oh the Places You’ll Go!, by Dr. Seuss is a must-read for anyone who needs encouragement. It’s full of life lessons that are just as relevant today as they were when it first came out in 1990.
Which are your favorite quotes from the book?