10 Inspirational Paulo Coelho Quotes About Love, Life, Death From The Great Book The Alchemist
The Alchemist was written by Brazilian author Paulo Coelho in 1988 and tells the story of an old man who goes in search of his personal treasure: a set of stone pyramids rumored to contain a king’s treasure. It’s told as a fable with many spiritual overtones and has been translated into over 80 languages and sold more than 20 million copies worldwide.
This book teaches us that we give up our dreams all too easily, yet the universe is always there to help us attain them.
Here are 10 inspirational quotes from this famous book on everything from love to death. These quotes will give you new perspectives on how to grow as an individual and enjoy your life as you should.
The book’s main theme is that of one searching for treasure and wisdom. This search takes place in a man named Santiago’s journey to find his personal treasure, which turns out to be happiness. Throughout this journey, he travels from Spain to Egypt, through many other places but never stops looking for his dream.
1. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
‘The Alchemist’ is for those who read not only to escape reality but also to understand it
2. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
3. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.”
The alchemist in Paulo Coelho’s book is a magician chemist who could turn any battle into gold, but I feel that through the whole story and the pursuit of the alchemist, this acted as a metaphor for life as a whole. Our lives can be turned into gold if we follow our personal legends and don’t give up on what we believe is our destiny.
4. “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.”
5. “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
‘The Alchemist’ provides insight and inspiration that extends beyond Santiago Sahara and to all lives, young or old.
6. “Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.”
7. “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
It’s no wonder that ‘The Alchemist’ has inspired countless lives. Besides being an amazing read for those who are interested in spiritualism and philosophy, it’s also a must-read for those who love to learn about all different aspects of life from an insider perspective.
Throughout the book, Coelho explains how one’s story and understanding other people’s stories are fundamental to the human existence. We need stories to make sense of a world muddled by blinding subjectivity and the clutter of our own minds.
8. “Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”
9. “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.”
Everyone is born a unique individual with their own set of experiences and knowledge. This is what makes each person on Earth different from each others, but also the same. The most significant thing about our lives is that one day we will die. This may be a scary thought for many people, but for Paulo Coelho it isn’t. He believes that death is nothing more than a transition to another life and that love can help us get through this process.
10. “The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.”
The Alchemist isn’t your average fiction book, but it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have it on your shelf.
There’s no doubt that Paulo Coelho is one of the most loved, inspirational authors in the world. If you haven’t read any of his books, then you have to start today. His novels are filled with life lessons that apply to just about anyone who has taken up reading them.